Around Town – Free Food, Convenience Store Art, Scattered Street Urchins and More
June 14, 2020
Highlights and mostly lowlights from another adventurous stroll around town:
1. Free cartridge for your faucet:
2. Free pizza . . .
3. Scenes like this were common throughout the downtown as migrant workers seeking “justice” and status made their presence known:
4. Justin and Keylee together forever in concrete . . .
5. Overheard on Pelham Road was an older woman dressed in a pink nightie outside a rooming house chatting on the phone with someone about how something is in view. She had a healthy set of lungs as I could hear her end of the conversation from nearly a block away.
6. Convenience store art . . .
7. Written in large print for those who need an eye exam the most . . .
8. If you’re not looking for a big meal, but just a taste . . .
9. No doubt its owner was sleeping in the nearby weeds . . .
10. Yesterday’s stabbing by the library forced many of the street urchins to scatter, with many choosing to relocate to the grounds of the nearby St. George’s Anglican Church. There, I spotted one such dude pulling a two-wheeled shopping cart with one hand while carrying an umbrella with his other hand. After stopping to check his cell phone, he got into a heated exchange with a fellow
community resident bum who was dragging his security blanket behind him. Methinks another stabbing may soon follow.
11. Your tax dollars at work, courtesy of the obnoxious Jennie Stevens:
12. Spotted outside a downtown convenience store was a scruffy bum who pulled down his mask to grab a few puffs of his cigarette before going inside. I wonder if anyone’s told him that inhaling tobacco smoke is far worse than the flu virus he’s wearing the mask for.
13. Free sandwiches. Unlike the case with the pizza, you can get one to yourself and not have to share it with a stranger.
14. Just leave your jacket hanging outside . . .
15. Enjoy this chicken “Ceasar” salad:
16. I’m guessing this is something like a GoodLife Fitness for dogs . . .
|Previous post||Next post|