Skip Navigation LinksHome > Manitoba > Old PTH 12

Provincial Trunk Highway 12

Decommissioned Section of Route - Dawson Road

Upon the introduction of the provincial trunk highway system in 1925, PTH 12 followed Marion Street in St. Boniface east to Dawson Road, where it continued through Lorette, ending east of Ste. Anne des Chenes.

Much of the original Dawson Road has since been redesignated as PR 207 and Marion Street is today known as Winnipeg Metro Route 115. The present-day PTH 12 follows a completely different route.

Pictures are arranged from west to east.

Location Description Photo
Westbound Eastbound
City of Winnipeg Eastbound view on Dawson Road past Royal Mint Drive.

Photograph taken in April 2012.
City of Winnipeg Westbound view on Dawson Road approaching Royal Mint Drive.

Photograph taken in April 2012.
RM of Taché Westbound view on Dawson Road after PR 207 turns north to follow Road 23E.

Photograph taken in September 2012.

© Curtis Walker. All rights reserved. All pictures used on this site are the property of the respective photographers and are used by permission. No picture may be used without the consent of the respective photographer.

All pictures taken by Curtis Walker unless otherwise noted.