1. This crusty old ex-Manitoba taxpayer is still grinning from ear-to-ear over the Bombers’ collapse in B.C. yesterday. As I’ve said before, old grudges die hard.
1a. Based on the reactions coming out of the Old Country, you’d think it was the first time a Winnipeg-based sports team has let down the faithful. You know what they say about those who do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.
2. Mayor Sendzik was at City Hall today raising another flag, this time for transgenders. As I’ve said before, everyone should be allowed to live their life as they see fit free of discrimination, but enough already.
2a. The rampant and uncontrolled growth of the disease known as political correctness is a significant factor why Donald Trump will become the 45th president of the United States. By pushing the envelope so far, liberals have become their own worst enemy.
2b. If you want to know the difference between liberals and conservatives, consider the number of riots after Trudeau was elected and the number after Trump was elected.
3. Despite my decades-old disdain for Trump in leading the USFL to its eventual downfall, count me in as one of his supporters. The free world will be much better off with him in charge than with Crooked Hillary back in the White House for a third term. Not that that’s saying much.
3a. Make America Great Again! I just wanted to say that.
4. For the Facebook users out there, previously unknown to me was a “filtered message requests” tab. It turns out a number of people over the past year and a half have found yet another obscure way to try and contact me. For the life of me, I cannot possibly understand why people look so hard to avoid the obvious.
4a. When you send a friend request to a perfect stranger who has nothing in common with you, do not be surprised when he/she does not accept it.
4b. When you send a friend request to a perfect stranger who has nothing in common with you, do not be mortally offended when he/she does not accept it.
5. I have another book coming out soon. This one is called The Contented Cows: A Bad IT Job Becomes a Financial Services Horror Story. It is officially a work of fiction, but largely based on a true story. It will be of particular interest to anyone in IT or in the financial services industry.