Pictures and observations from yesterday’s tour of Welland and Port Colborne:
1. Believe it or not, you actually have to pay to park in downtown Welland. No disrespect to Welland, but it’s not exactly a high-traffic tourist destination like the Falls or NOTL. Given its relatively out-of-the-way location, they ought to consider paying you to park there.
2. Looking over the list of names inscribed atop the entrance to the Welland courthouse, it struck me that there was a very distinct gender imbalance. No doubt, once they discover it, the Liberals will be out there at once to cover up such a blasphemous public display.
3. Even more political incorrectness on display in downtown Welland with this “Indian Head Massage.” What is this world coming to?
4. Dude on a scooter whose beard is as thick as his gut:
5. Chapters 641 and 642 of “You think they use enough salt in this part of the world?”
6. Other scenes in downtown Welland:
7. Given the surroundings, this bit of graffiti is rather redundant:
8. Call it a hunch, but I think this architect might get a little more scrutiny than the average Joe when he goes over the river:
9. A place for passing children to rest:
10. Sadly, too many did and continue to “vote for evil”:
11. Take advantage of their buy-back “progam”:
12. Goats welcome. Or maybe just one.
13. Icicles on the side of a house:
14. One house that has had at least one visit from the Welland Fire Department:
15. A proud client of Budget Windows and Blinds:
16. Faux fox on a porch:
17. One humble domicile in a particularly bad state of disrepair:
18. If for some reason you need to boil gas …
19. Just dispose of your unwanted bakery products on the street …
20. Scenes from Guerrilla Park:
21. Someone in this house on Netherby Road must be getting nagged a lot and loving it …
22. Just like Niagara Falls, Port Colborne also has a zipline now. Based on the list of rules, I’m guessing their clientele is not quite as upscale as the touristy crowd they draw at the Falls:
23. Other scenes around snowy Sugarloaf Harbor:
24. There was a posted sign indicating a $300 fine for parking in a handicapped spot, yet the fine can be as high as $5,000 if you dare to bring a skateboard to the pavilion. It should be the other way around if you ask me, but who am I to judge the powers that be in Port Colborne?
25. Another $5,000-worthy fine if you ask me …
26. The CSL Welland mired in ice …
27. Do they only catch tiny fish? Or just not very many fish?
28. As I’ve said before, people in this part of the world have no idea what real cold weather is all about. And aren’t they lucky. For the record, it was +4 when I was there.
29. If the church is messy, why don’t they clean it up?
30. Any guesses as to how long that chimney will stay up?