SLED DOG QUIZ
Send your quiz QUESTIONS to
We'll need the answers, of course, along with
documentation of the source.
Answer a Question...Win a Free Ad!
The first three persons correctly answering the question will win a FREE one month, 50 word classified ad. Answers will be posted after the ads are won--or when it becomes apparent no one is going to get the answer!
Mail your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Quiz"
in the subject line.
Use of free ads are limited to one per calendar quarter per household. You may continue accumulate ads, but publication will be limited to one per quarter.
Sled Dog History Quiz Questions 81 through 100
(some of the questions remain unanswered)
81. Amidst a hundred Secret Service agents Norman Vaughan and his dog team, gave a sled
dog ride in 1981. Who was the passenger that blessed the dog team, including Satan and
Devil, immediately following the ride? [submitted by Neil Rasmussen,
Grand Marais, MN]
82. In January 1980, the North Shore Sled Dog Association put on its
sixth Gunflint Mailrun Race. They were approached by the media, WDSM radio, at the awards
presentation about putting on another race in five weeks. With 26 sponsors listed,
eighteen teams were in a mass start, March 15, 1980, from downtown Grand Marais, MN USA
headed towards Duluth, MN. What was this race called? [submitted by
Neil Rasmussen, Grand Marais, MN]
83. Who was the only person in the Iditarod to start first and finish
last winning the red lantern? [submitted by Shawn Linendoll, Fort Ann, NY]
84. Which Iditarod musher dropped their hat in the honey hole of the out
house and went in to fish it out, in Nulato during the 2003 Iditarod race? [submitted
by Michael Suprenant]
85. Who was the first woman to win the Laconia Sled Dog Derby in its
50th Anniversary Year? [submitted by Anonymous]
86. Who was once mistaken by Karen Ramstead for a traveling disco? [submitted
by Carli Ward]
87. What was the name of the dog that out-pulled the legendary
"Chinook" for a bet of 2 cigars? [submitted by Brian Files]
88. In 1980 Joe May won the Iditarod. What were the names of his
leaders? [submitted by S. Bergemann]
89. What dog driver went to Antarctica with Adm. Byrd (and helped save
his life) and also did rescue missions in Greenland during WW II? [submitted by
90. What is the highest weight pulled in an Alaskan Canine Weight Pull
in the 120 & over class? [submitted by Cathy Dimon]
91. What year was the first formal sled dog race held and what was the
name of the race? [submitted by Shawn Linendoll]
92. When was the resolution passed to establish the "Iditarod Trail Seppala Memorial Race" as Alaska's official state race? [submitted by Shawn Linendoll]
93. Getting cabin fever who spent 132 days in the winter of 1931-32 mushing a small dog team alone literally across the top of Alaska on the Arctic Ocean, from Martin Point on the Beaufort Sea, west and south to Nome, 1,500 miles as the raven flies? [submitted by Neil Rasmussen]
94. Which musher had to be evacuted from the 2006 Knik 200 for emergency surgry then
ran the Iditarod 2 months later? [submitted by Michael Suprenant]
95. During preparation for the “73” Iditarod Dan Seavey (Seward High School History Teacher) asked this question on a history test. It was hard to pass his class without the correct answer. What was the name of Dan’s Lead dog during the “73” Iditarod race? [submitted by Dori Hollingsworth]
Congratulations to all the winners!
Copyright © 1997-2008 Sled Dog Central, all rights reserved.
Contact the SDC Webmaster